2010年7月13日星期二

Driving in Manama


Driving in Manama can be a challenge. Apart from the well maintained road, except for some disruption from the construction, knowing your way around is crucial here. Think it or not, I actually spent 40 mins trying to get my way out of the city middle to the main street..thank God that petrol here cost only 0.3 USD here.

For one, the sign board in Bahrain is hopeless...and I thought Malaysia was bad. I attempted looking for the famous Tree of Life but I ended up in Durrat Al-Bahrain (the furthest point in the south of Bahrain). Although I ultimately did find it, it was with much difficulties...the sign board cease appearing after some time & worst part is that in case you are coming from the other side of the road, you will certainly not see it as it was intended for traffic in the opposite direction. Sometimes, the sign boards are even hidden amongst the bushes...

Usually, the drivers here are impatient & egocentric. Impatient to the point that a few seconds if your automobile doesn't move at the green light, you will definitelly get hooted at. As for egocentric, it doesn't matter whose right of road it is, I am charging forward & you will must give way.
Parking?My car rear view kit will help me a lot, I have no complains. Perhaps is the ample parking space they have here or the population here is so small that I never appears to be having issue finding a space for my automobile. Those days in One U (Shopping mall in Malaysia) appear so distance now where finding a parking space can be an hour affair. Be it in the shopping mall, hospital or market, there is always a spot prepared for your automobile.
Apart from these, I must admit that driving in Bahrain is a comfort.

没有评论:

发表评论